Our seamless integrations present you with different leading shipping carrier choices. Regardless of whether you dispatch with DHL, DPD, Parcelforce, Royal Mail, UPS, Hermes or FedEx, you will be able to handle all your carriers in one location without the need to log into diverse carrier platforms.
- Automatically update order status in both applications when an order is shipped
- Manage all your shipping carriers in one place
- Goods-out notes are transferred automatically between IWebSquare and Fedex
- Easily set up flexible shipping rules to automate your shipment
- Customize your shipping labels for each sales channel
- Flexible shipping methods
- Keep your consumers up-to-date on shipping status using automatic emails
How It Works
Transfer shipments (goods out)
Fedex downloads all goods out notes from IWebSquare automatically, or from manual sync. Shipping rules can be set up in Fedex based on location weight, products and more.
Products are created in Fedex automatically, with the SKU being the unique key. Assign shipping rules and volumetric data to products in Fedex.
When a shipment is marked as shipped in Fedex, the same goods out note is shipped immediately in IWebSquare. If a tracking reference is given in Fedex, this is added to the IWebSquare goods out note.
Goods out notes created in IWebSquare will be automatically transferred to Fedex at your chosen stage - creation, printed, picked or packed.
Fedex will automatically submit goods out notes through your shipping rules to decide which of your chosen carrier service is best suited. Goods out notes will be updated in IWebSquare upon receipt tracking reference or any other status updates from integrated carriers.
Shipping labels could be embedded into IWebSquare’s templates so they could get printed as part of your tracking notes, instead of a second label.